Mr Marcin Romanowski graduated from University of Warsaw, Faculty of Pedagogy. He completed many specialist courses in the scope of risk management, in Poland, as well as abroad. During his professional career, he experienced most important areas of activities of commercial bank. He started his bank career as a currency dealer. For the next years he participated in implementation of first integrated bank system in Poland, as well as building basis and later on developing organizational structure, politics and methods of risk management in BRE Bank SA Group (mBank SA), in reference to investment banking area, as well as corporate and retail banking areas. For many years he was responsible for preparation of bank credit policy and it’s successful implementation. Managing competences are followed up by experience in creating, implementing and developing IT tools, supporting financial controlling (including systems of transfer pricing of the funds, profitability analysis on product and on client, ABC, etc.), risk management (including market risk and liquidity risk management, valuation of financial instruments, credit MIS, etc.), credit process.
- 10.2017 – currently Member of Management Board of Getin Noble Bank S.A.
in mBank SA group (BRE Bank SA):
- 08.2012 – 09.2017 Member of Management Board, responsible for risk management, of mBank Hipoteczny S.A.
- 01.2009 – 04.2013 Credit Operations Director in BRE Bank S.A.
- 12.1999 – 07.2000 Risk Management Director
Financial Risk Department Director
- 09.1991 – 11.1999 Controlling Department Deputy Director in BRE Bank S.A. responsible for risk control.
Head of section in Treasury Department
- 2010 – 2015 Member of Supervisory Board of Dom Inwestycyjny BRE Banku (mBanku SA)
- 2010 – 2015 Member of Supervisory Board, Chairman of Audit Committee of BRE Ubezpieczenia SA
- 2010- 2017 Member of Supervisory Board of BRELocum (mLocum) SA
- 2012 – 2017 Member of Supervisory Board of BDH S.A. Bankowy Dom Hipoteczny
outside of mBank SA group:
- 12.2006 – 06.2008 Vice-President of the Management Board, Chief Risk Officer in Bank Ochrony Środowiska S.A.
- 06.2006 – 12.2006 Vice-President of the Management Board, Chief Risk Officer in Kredobank, Lwów, Adviser of President of the Management Board of PKO BP S.A.
- 09.2005 – 06.2006 Senior Manager responsible for risk management in banks and financial institutions of Ernst & Young Audit sp. z o.o.
- 12.1999 – 07.2000 Risk Managements Systems Development Director in SAS Institute Polska Sp. z o.o.